Popular Post
Recent Post

Modern Country Kitchen Colour Scheme


We chose Farrow & Ball Blue Gray as the main colour for our Modern Country Kitchen colour scheme but knew that, although it was the perfect colour for the room, there just wasn't enough natural light coming in to stop the room looking gloomy if we used that colour alone.

I wanted a paler colour too.

{Mr Modern Country laughed at me choosing between Cream or Ivory or Off White or Alabaster or Chalk or Almond or ..or...a million others.

What a cheek that man has.}

This is what I chose.


Details to follow soon....


Here's a reminder of how oppressive the colour was before.


It makes such an enormous difference using the paler paint as well as the Gray Blue. It gives the impression of a much lighter, airier room.


The remaining pictures were the images that I used to help me narrow down my final colour choice for our kitchen. I think the creamy-white works so beautifully with the gentle sea tones of the soft greys.

Looking at them now, you'd definitely be excused for thinking that these images were all from one kitchen.

But no.

I just scour and search and look and read and devour and scratch about and hunt and rummage and seek out until I see exactly what I love.


I'm completely obsessed with narrowing down what I want to nth degree. I think it's one of the best way of being sure about what you want to achieve in a room.


Some days, ideas come to me out of nowhere. But on the days when they seem to have dried up a bit, returning to pictures that inspire me really helps get me back on track.

I'm betting that you have some pictures that you return to again and again for finding your va-va-voom again.

Am I right?

Or am I right.

Well, I think you know what I'm going to say next.

I want to see your pictures.

Yup, I'm nosy like that.

Which means I'm having a party. Yay!


I've called it an Inspiration Journey Linky Party. It'll be a party where you can link up WHATEVER images have given you inspiration on your quest for the prettification of your home.

And not just for interiors. I have inspiration files for crafts, our house, the garden, my wardrobe.....

Really. Whatever. You. Want.

It's going to be next Friday. And I'd love YOU to be there.

You want a button, you say?

Comin' up....

Modern Country Style
Or you can get it over on my sidebar if you'd prefer....

{Have a lovely Friday.}



Images: Decodir, Our Kitchen, Our Kitche, Our old kitchen, Our Kitchen, Period House, Kitchen-Paint, Cheverellwood Kitchens

I'm linking to my favourite parties in my sidebar.