Popular Post
Recent Post

Modern Country Craft Inspiration: Book Art


 Hey peeps.

Welcome to Inspiration Week!

This week, I'll be showing you some of my favourite inspiration images, ending with a partaaaay on Friday.


Yup, the Inspiration Journey Linky Party will be here on Friday 11th March. Will you come and show us what inspires YOU?


I'm hoping you know that Modern Country Style has three elements:
  • Renovation: charting the complete renovation of our home and garden.
  • Creation: crafting gorgeousness.
  • Inspiration: sharing what gives me Eureka! moments along the way.

Most linky parties only let you link up home make-overs and craft projects, which I've found frustrating when I've put together an inspiration post I've been really pleased with so I thought I'd start my very own link party that let's you link up what inspires you.


This Friday's Inspiration Journey party is a trial run for what I hope will become a regular feature here so if you like the idea then I'd love you to join in. ;-)


Here's the button. Will you grab my button by copying the html to your sidebar? Will you? Will you?

Modern Country Style

Today, I wanted to show you what's been inspiring me craft-wise lately.

I love ancient crafts that have been bought right up to the minute. Modern Country Crafts, I like to say (but, of course!).

Book Art.

Not Art Books. But Book Art.

Art using books and the written word.


I'm not certain yet how I'm going to take these ideas forward but that's why I wanted to call the party Inspiration JOURNEY.


What I often do when I spot an awesome image somewhere is to search around for more ideas around the same theme.


And then gradually ideas form in my head about how I'm going to interpret it for myself.


I might attempt a few of those ideas from my head until I'm left with one I love for me.


That's what I mean by my Inspiration Journey.


I first spotted a Book Art picture over at Michele's Hello Lovely Inc. blog, which is jam-packed full of awesome inspiration. Plus her writing style is fantastic. This was the image she shared, that started this whole process for me:


Absolutely stunning, eh?

Some of these works of art are made out of one book, seeing the book as a carving medium, and using scalpels and tweezers to dissect the pages.


Others use books as a vehicle to ground their art. Bringing the book to life.


Each post this week, I'll be showing you inspiration from a different area of my blog.

Today is craftilicious.

Come again and I'll be the garden.

Care to join me?

 


Images via: K. Stillman, Sue Blackwell, BibliOdyssey, Sarah Bodman, Nicholas Galanin, unknown, Yvette Hawkins, Brian Dettmer, Brian Dettmer, Sue Blackwell, Brian Dettmer, Brian Dettmer, Liz Hamman, Isaac Salazar, Brian Dettmer, Sue Blackwell