Popular Post
Recent Post

Belgian Style for Modern Country Interiors


Quick, quick. The Modern Country tour bus is leaving any second.

Tour bus, you say? What tour bus is that of which you speak?

Well, today I thought I'd take you on a little tour of my home.

You coming? Fantastic!
I was getting lonely all my myself.

Hop on the tour bus, and let's get this baby on the road.



Last time, here at Modern Country Style, we were having a chatteroo about the Belgian look, and how it uses a gorgeous, restricted colour scheme.

{Remember? If not, click here for a quick reminder}


I thought that the easiest way to show you
how I've taken that idea and
tried to make it work in our home is
to show you room by room.


I LOVE the colour scheme that Belgian Style uses: earthy shades of brown, greys, taupes, and off-whites, which draws your eye to the gorgeousness of what lies within the rooms.


But......and it's a biggie......

{Am I the only one now thinking of big butts? I am? Oh....}

....for me, it needs a bit more oomph. Not that I don't love the Belgian interiors I showed you but I prefer rooms where the walls speak to you, as well as the furniture.


I want to notice my walls, not to let them fade into the background.

The greys I've used have a smidgen of green and blue added, can you see? I think it helps to stop these rooms from looking too sombre.....

Sombre is surely never a good look in a boys bedroom....


I've used touches of red throughout the house, as an accent colour.


I love red. So cheery and warm and welcoming.


I completely adore the look that this palette creates.

{Please don't worry if all this talk of palettes confuses you, it's something I want to come back to shortly.}


Guess where I'm off to tomrrow? The Country Living Fair in London with my mum!

{And this time, I'll try to remember my camera. *blush*}




I'm linking to my favourite parties listed in the sidebar.