Popular Post
Recent Post

Dark and Sultry in the Kitchen plus Linky Party Idea...



Before I completely write off the idea of a darker look in *my* kitchen, I wanted to show you that, providing you have masses of natural light pouring into your room, dark and sultry really can work in the kitchen.

What I love about Modern Country Interiors is that there's such an eclectic mix of opportunity. 


A Modern Country kitchen is *not* a look that's has to be fiercely prescriptive. There's plenty of room for you to make it your own.


{And if that means a dark and sultry then this post is for you, baby cheeks.}


Ooooh, news flash, news flash....

I met up with Laura from Happy Homemaker UK yesterday. This is she:

Grab a cup of tea and join me in my journey as an American expat mom living near London. I'm passionate about my family, eclectic vintage design, and a good story. But not much of a speller-er.



I can't even begin to tell you how nervous I was beforehand. Well, alright, I can. Very, very, very, extremely, humungously. Soooooo nervous.

We had lunch together at a funny little cafe halfway between where we both live. We sat and chatted and nattered and chattered so easily. Just like I'd love to do with so many of you. I could hardly believe we hadn't met before.


She's gorgeously lovely and I'm guesting over at her blog today.



Now then, I have an idea to put to you.

Modern Country Style is all about Inspiration, Creation and Renovation, right?

 See up there on my blog header?



One of the frustrations that I've had with link parties is that, although there are loads of parties for crafts and house makeovers, there are none, as far as I know, for linking up fantastic Inspiration posts.


There are sooooo many amazing blogs out there that post awesomely inspiring images, and I don't think they get the exposure they deserve.
So, here at Modern Country Style, I was thinking I'd like to begin an Inspiration Linky Party.

Starting next week. For a trial run.


Are you in?

{Hint: Feedback encouraged. ;-) }





Images: Living etc, Living etc, Jessica Helgerson, 25 Beautiful Homes, Thirty Duo, Modern Kitchen Interior Designs, Country Homes and Interiors, Modern Country Style, Hashai, Living etc