Popular Post
Recent Post

Inspiration Week: Al Fresco in the Garden


Hello my lovely-jubblies,

Welcome back to Inspiration Week at Modern Country Style.

I'm so looking forward to the Inspiration Journey Linky Party here on Friday! I can't wait to see the gorgeousness that I've been hearing all about from lots of you.

Well, yesterday I promised you a garden trip and here we are! Thanks so much for coming out into the garden with me for a bit of fresh air.


Garden heaven, here we come. ;-)

Today I'm thinking about al fresco dining in my garden.


Yeah, thinking, *not* doing. It's sunny today but still a bit too cold to think about eating outside by choice.


We currently have a circular paved area, just beyond where this path leads in the photo of our garden below. Plus a covered terrace outside our back door. And a patio right at the back of the garden.


So I'm on the prowl for ideas for how to use them more than we do now. I'd love to create more space for easy entertaining outside like these dreamy images.


A beautiful veranda in place of the structure we have at the moment would be perfect. With a glass roof to let the light into the house.


In a muted green-grey.

{This next one is my favourite. Yum.}


That would be for spontaneous tea-times in the garden as a family.

Or casual suppers with friends in the summer.


Then further up I would like a gorgeous table and chairs for casual coffees with my girlfriends.

Yes, that's you.


And right at the back of the garden, we'd love to put in some kind of summerhouse/den/playroom/haven't-really-decided kind of room.


That's the long-term plan.


Those are the images that are helping me along on my Inspiration Journey. I could very happily sit and stare at them all day long.

That's the short term plan. ;-)

{Yup, hilarious is my middle name.}


Today is Pancake Day in the UK so I'm scurrying around preparing for some flipping-action this evening. Mmmmm, I love me some pancakes.

So then, this week we've had gorgeous crafty inspiration and al fresco dining loveliness, which leads me onto sharing my very favourite Modern Country Interiors.

I'm thinking Belgian: my new Style Crush.

Very exciting indeedy.

I'm linking with lovely Lisa at:





Images via: Unknown, unknown, Homes & Gardens, Breckonridge Conservatories, Our Garden, Unknown, Unknown, Breckonridge Conservatories, Giner Ella, Unknown, Shed Chic, Birmingham Mail, Shed Chic

I'm linking to my favourite parties in my sidebar.