Popular Post
Recent Post

Define Your Blog: Inspiration

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to Define Your Blog week with a chance for YOU to join in on Thursday.

If you'd like to take your seats, I'll take you through your schedule for this week at Modern Country Style. Would you turn to page twenty-four of pamphlet you were given at the door....

Wait, what do you mean there was no pamphlet?....and no door either?....and no seats?....

Well, then, I guess it's just me and you, baby.

Here's how I plan this week to go. Starting today, I'm going to do a li'l series of posts defining how I see each area of my blog: renovation, inspiration and creation.

And then on Thursday 14th, it'll be time for YOU to link up to the Define Your Blog link party. Please feel free to link up either a post that you feel defines your blog to perfection, or, preferably, a post specifically dedicated to defining your blog.
{There's a fine-looking button on the side bar, waiting just for you}

When I first started Modern Country Style, I decided that I wanted my blog to have three aspects to it:
Inspiration, Renovation and Creation. 
In today's post, I'm going to
define the five types of Inspiration posts I use
at Modern Country Style:

{For each photo, you can click on the image to be taken to relevant posts}



1) Paint Colours
When I'm choosing paint colours, I love searching out pictures of rooms painted in the colours I'm pondering over. I thought it might be helpful for other people to collate them in one place.

 This picture links to a post about Farrow and Ball Light Blue


2) Celebrity and Film Inspiration

From lovelies such as Nigella....need I say more?

Click on the image to see Nigella's kitchen...


Oooh, and film sets.... there'll be plenty more of these coming your way, I can tell you.

Something's Gotta Give kitchen post, anyone?


3) Style-themed series posts
At the moment, I'm working through two style series. One is Belgian Style:

Click the image if you fancy seeing all posts dedicated to Belgian Style

...and the other is Making Over Your Kitchen....

Click on the image to be taken to Modern Country Kitchen Inspiration 


4) Having a snoop
I love having a sneak peek at other people's lovely houses, so when I find one I love, I simply have to share it here.

Love this house? Click on the image for more lusciousness...

Welcome to Kitchen Nirvana....I'm serious...

5) Specifics
When I'm working on a particular room, I find it invaluable to break it down into specifics. So, for example, in the bedroom, I looked at doors, beds, and storage....

Wanna see some Modern Country Bedrooms? Click on through...

...or how about ideas about Al Fresco dining to DIE for?

So there you have it. The five types of Inspiration Posts I use at Modern Country Style.

Inspiration defined? Check.

Come back veeeeeeery soon for a closer look at Modern Country Crafts....



I'm linking to my favourite parties in the sidebar...