Popular Post
Recent Post

Crochet Baby Ballet Slippers


Some of our friends have had a
baby girl recently
{Congratulations, sweeties}
and I wanted to make
the gorgeous newborn
a beautiful present.


I used a pattern from the book I reviewed on Monday, Essential Crochet, and, oh, these are the cutest, sweetest, daintiest 
little ballet slippers for a baby girl.


They make me want to have another baby just to slip these on some teeny, tiny, dimpled feet.
{Woah there, Mrs Modern Country, calm your hormones...}

I chose palest pink yarn for the ballet slippers themselves.
Seriously, what other colour was it ever going to be?


The yarn feels soft and gentle and
warm and not the least bit scratchy.  
Perfect for keeping tinsy-insy feet
snuggled up safely.


And then I picked out
two lengths of raspberry
cotton-velvet ribbon
for a little bitta glamma.

The ribbon is threaded through specially-designed loops at the
back of each shoe to make the ballet straps.

A. Dor. A. Ble.
No?


This is what I meant when I said that I was searching out
Modern Country Crochet Patterns.

If I'd seen these in a little boutique down a quiet side street, then I would have wanted to get flirty with Mr Credit Card.

But, really, I was thrilled, yes thrilled, I tell you, to be able to make them myself.


And I totally have luscious Loo at Jumbles and Pompoms
to thank for hauling me kicking and screaming back into the happy world of hooky.

***************************************************

I'm linking up to Tricia's lovely blog A Rosy Note for her Photography Feature linky party. I upgraded to a different camera at Christmas and I'm really enjoying learning more about photography.


 


I'm linking to my favourite parties in the sidebar...