Popular Post
Recent Post

Modern Country Loves: Big Wall Clocks


Welcome back to Modern Country Style Loves. I haven't done one of these posts for a while but felt it was time to resurrect the series in honour of big wall clocks.

I've been away by the seaside for a few days at my parents' house as part of the children's half-term holiday. It was a lovely ending to what I shall remember as our chicken pox season.....which is now over. Huzzah!!


Yes, one twin got it and then, as he was recovering, the other got it too. Poor little mites. They were so sad and serious and sore and sensitive and (yup, on a roll with this s thang) soporific and spotty.


So I've been housebound for quite some time (hence resorting to bizarre word games to pass the time).....and, after the initial happy-time-baking-and-reading-and-cuddling wore off, was definitely starting to flag.


Going away was just what I needed to give me a bit of a kick start back into the life of a normal person again.

Oh, so *that's* what the outside feels like.


There's nothing in the world quite like a hug from my mummy. ;-)


I'm back again with a bounce in my step.

Do you remember me saying that I was obsessed with huge clocks? And that I love a bit of soft industrial?


I realised that I'm not the only one with a clock-related frenzy so this a blog post dedicated to these beauties. Eye-catching, jaw-dropping, knee-knocking, spine-tingling vintage wall clocks.


Here is my top tip for buying one. It comes from experience. Don't buy one that you haven't seen in the flesh that seems remarkably cheap. Yup, that was me. 

The photo looked just what I wanted so I clicked the Buy button and when it arrived.....

I thought those table and chairs were miniature for a moment....until I realised that it's the fireplace and clock that are giant-sized.

.......it turned out to be a photo, yes, a photo, of a rusty vintage clock stuck atop a new hideous plastic one. Bleeeuurgh.

I returned it after looking at it for less than a second. Soooooooo not the look I want.

It was very cleverly done but seemed to sum up all that I hate about the current craze for faux-vintage. The point of vintage is that it *is* vintage. The dents are because it's been loved and used and has served its time. 

Not that it's a cheap mass-produced knock-off.

It was sent back the same day.


I've put together this collection of the very best images of huge wall clocks that I could find.

A vintage clock is a fantastic way to introduce a bit of soft industrial to your home, without going down the hardcore factory look.

I can't wait to show you mine.


It's so good to be back.



Images via Living etc, Apartment Therapy, Things That Inspire, Houzz, Farmhouse, Kathleen Hay, River Oaks, Tiny Boxwoods