Popular Post
Recent Post

The thrill of a new plug....

After the dining room had been decorated, it suddenly entered my head that what I wanted, what I really, really wanted - and should have put in before we decorated! - was new plug sockets. They make such a big difference to the finish of a room.

We had the usual white offenders. Functional but chunky.


It was a bit of a shock when the new sockets were first put in (chipping away at my lovely new walls!)....


I didn't want the ubiquitous new show home look of brushed or shiny chrome, which I suspect don't look smart for terribly long, so chose these:


These new ones are great. When fitted, they are virtually flat against the wall and in a plain polished and sealed finish.


Once the walls were proerly skimmed and filled around the sockets, it looked as good as new, bearing in mind that the walls are over 100 years old! Aren't they terrific?!

We've replaced most of our sockets with these and they add just the look I wanted: high quality but with an unobtrusive Modern Country style!