Popular Post
Recent Post

iRobot Roomba - it's love!

This little baby changed my life.....



Yes, I am the very proud owner of a robot of the future - a robot hoover!

It's full title is iRobot Roomba (and that's Mr iRobot Roomba to you.....and Mr Hoove to our children). They are the most wonderful, wonderful things, perhaps even on a par with a dishwasher.

I first remember hearing about them on Tomorrow's World ages ago and occasionally I heard a rumour of something similar being released.

One day, after hoovering for the millionth time that week, I had a light bulb moment (*flash* I must get one! I must get one! *flash*) and had a good old snoop on the Internet to see what I could find. When I discovered that Lakeland sold them, the deal was sealed! They must be good if Lakeland sell them! My one worry had been that it wouldn't do a good enough job but the reviews for this model (which is quite far down the series line) were generally excellent.

I'll give you a little tour of our one. There are three buttons: Spot (for especially dirty areas), Clean (cleans the whole room) and Dock (scampers back to its charger).....


Basically, you press Clean, it does a few circuits of the room (including corners, soft to hard floors, rugs, navigating wires, etc.....bizarrely fun to watch, or is that just me?!), cleaning it pretty thoroughly, until the power runs out (although it should last a couple of hours) or it has finished. When it has done either of these, it takes itself back to its charger and docks itself. It even detects dirtier areas for extra attention. All in all......magic!!

I LOVE IT!!